Monday 3 February 2014

SPOTLIGHT PRODUCT: SLEEK i-DIVINE PALETTE IN 'VINTAGE ROMANCE'

Price: £7.99

It's the same every single year. The festive spirit brings out my love for all things sparkly. So, I found myself in the middle of Superdrug, in the middle of the chaos of mid-December with this product in my shopping bag-laden hand. It seems that shop promotion stands are my kryptonite.


Despite the spontaneity of my purchase, however, I have to say that this palette is absolutely beautiful. I've always been a fan of Sleek eyeshadow palettes. I think that they are great value for money: always extremely good pay off and not much fall out. I do feel, though, that the collection of colours for this particular product are stand-out. The palette includes twelve shades: a variety of eleven glitter/shimmer/metallic shades and one matte terracotta colour. Although they are all rather soft and romantic, the versatility of the collection is remarkable.With just those twelve shades you can create a whole range of party favourites. And with a huge mirror included, you can create them any place, any time. Meet in Madrid, Court in Cannes and Lust in LA can be used to make the most beautiful bronze eye. Smudge Forever in Florence all  over the lid for a smokey eye with a colourful twist. I was particularly drawn to A Vow in Venice, Marry in Monte Carlo and Honeymoon in Hollywood because the red-base of these shadows really help to bring out green eyes.


And this brings me to yet another point to add to the ever-expanding list of pros: I absolutely love the naming concept. Sleek have really rolled with this romance theme. Using eyeshadows with names like Court in Cannes and Honeymoon in Hollywood makes me feel like some sort of 1950s film star. I do put a rather exaggerated emphasis on the names of products. Anyone else actually bought a nail varnish purely because they loved the name? Nope? Just me then.

Shades: (upper row from left) Pretty in Paris, Meet in Madrid, Court in Cannes, Lust in LA, Romance in Rome, Propose in Prague, (lower row from left) A Vow in Venice, Marry in Monte Carlo, Honeymoon in Hollywood, Bliss in Barcelona, Forever in Florence, Love in London

Now I'm afraid that, though this product is near perfection, there are a few cons I must mention. Firstly, the shades, despite being absolutely beautiful, are not very useful for a natural look. Thus, the palette is far from an everyday staple. I'd say it was something to be saved for special occassions. It would be great for a date or party look, for example. The other problem which I always seem to have with Sleek palettes is that the packaging is extremely frustrating because it is near impossible to open. I couldn't tell you the number of nail varnish casualties I've endured trying to prise open the iron-like catch of this item.

That being said, this purchase is great value for money with a beautiful collection of shades if you can actually open the product in the first place. In my view, this is a small price to pay for such a good quality highstreet product and I am more than happy to chip a few nails in the process.

So, for the next month or so, every Monday, I will be uploading makeup tutorials using this palette so that you can all truly see the versatility of the shades it offers.

X

5 comments:

  1. that palette looks amazing! i want to try sleek blushes!

    http://amygg.blogspot.com/

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly such a beautiful and unique palette! I will be doing a post on Sleek blushes in the next few weeks so stay tuned! :) x

      Delete
  2. I love sleek so much i have two of their eyeshadow palettes and might pick this one up. I have just followed you on bloglovin and would love a follow back.

    callofbeautymodernwarfare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just followed your blog on Bloglovin'. Love your January favourites! The Soap and Glory hand cream is a favourite of mine too! It just smells so nice :) x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful palette! The colours are lovely.

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete